This is a 3V DC regulated wall adapter which will power all of our 3V LEDs. The wall adapter is regulated, so it provides exactly 3V of power. This may be used as an alternative to the battery holder and switch units.
Included with this item is a power jack that may be wired directly to one or multiple LEDs. The jack makes it simple to connect to LEDs using shrink tubes or black tape. No soldering is needed.
- Adapter powers 1 - 50 3V LEDs
- 1Amp UL Listed
- Input: AC 120-240V 60HZ 10W Output: regulated 3V DC 1000mA center positive
- Available with and without an on/off switch (choose from the dropdown menu above)
The adapter plugs into a wall. A switch allows the power to be turned on/off. After the switch, a barrel plug receiving end plugs into the jack. Short pieces of red and black wires are connected to the jack. Your LEDs will be twisted to the other end of the red and black wires.
How to use the adapter
- Mount the small jack inside of your model/project.
- Twist the red wire from the jack to all of the red wires on your LEDs; use shrink tube or electrical tape to protect the connection.
- Twist the black wire from the jack to all of the green wires on your LEDs; cover the connection with shrink tube or electrical tape.
- Make your connections on the inside of your model/project.
- Plug the adapter into a wall outlet and enjoy the LEDs for many years.
Easily change from a wall adapter to a battery - perfect for transporting projects.
- Unplug the male/female ends in the center of the wired connector.
- Twist the wires of the LEDs in your project, to the wires on one end of a wired connector.
- Twist the wires on the other end of the wired connector to the jack on the wall adapter.
- Twist the wires on one end of another wired connector to the wires on a battery holder.
- When you're ready to change the power source, unplug the male/female ends of the wired connectors, and plug the other end in.
Dimensions of the adapter and wires
- Plug 5.5mm dia. x 10mm long
- Jack: .43" (11mm) t x .36" (9mm) w
- The length of the wire from the adapter body to the barrel plug is 57" (145cm).
- The switch is 6" (15.2cm) from the barrel plug.
- The wires from the jack are 6" (15.2cm) long. These may be trimmed.
COMPARISON OF 3V POWER SUPPLIES
max. number of LEDs powered
|on/off switch||power source||dimensions|
|3V COIN CELL BATTERY HOLDER||10||Yes||2032 battery||15/16" (24mm) at the widest area. Length: 3/4" (19mm) Depth 7/32" (6mm)|
|3V AA BATTERY HOLDER||60||Yes||2 AA batteries||1.27" (3.2cm)w x 2.3" (5.8cm)t x 0.6" (1.5cm)d|
|3V DC REGULATED WALL ADAPTER||50||Optional||wall outlet||The length of the wire is 57" (145cm). The switch is 6" (15.2cm) from the barrel plug. The wires from the jack are 6" (15.2cm) long.|